Saturday, July 12, 2008

President@Toastmasters

I was elected president to the Gurukul Toastmasters club and was inducted to office last week. The induction ceremony went well and we had the Gila Division Governor DTM Matt Jones visiting us. I feel I have a good officer committee with me this year with everyone committed to their respective job and I hope to achieve most of the objectives that we have outlined.

Some of the challenges that await us include

- Retaining members

- Bringing in new members

- Improving the quality of speeches and to have winners in Area, Division and other contests.

There is a new "Mentoring Program" that the VPE and myself are currently working on, which will help assign an appropriate mentor to the new members based on their level of public speaking skills.

From the last meeting, I see a good level of interest amongst the current members and I hope to build upon that interest. Its said - Success of any club or organisation depends on people who DO things that they had thought they cannot do. My biggest priority is to develop such a feeling amongst the members. Once done I think it should be a smooth ride from then on and we should be able to achieve our goals.

No comments: